Saturday, February 4, 2012

The biggest Decision of Your Life (by Grant)

The only question I really have left is, "What do I want to do with my life?" And, it's not so much that I don't have an answer, as I have far too many answers...

"I want to live forever and do everything," is usually the first thing that comes to mind.

Dismissed, unlikely to be possible.

"It doesn't matter."

Dismissed, it does matter or you wouldn't have asked yourself the question.

"I want to change the world?"

Be more specific, that's not a useful answer. Also, why is that a question, stop hesitating! Think and do constantly.

"I want to promote certain ideas through thought, action, mind, body, spirit, soul, life, and being, not because they are mine, but because I think they are good: you have the ability to be happy, to make yourself happy, and to help make others happy; it's important to want to do the right thing by yourself and by others; education is very important, more so than most people's actions would convey; everyone is created equal, but not everyone is equal; do not blame, punish only when necessary, always forgive, rarely forget; be prepared; strive for perfection, even though it doesn't exist. I want people to rule the world, together, striving for the perfection that doesn't exist with the goal of being and of being happy."

Whoa, slow down! That's nice and all, but it's pretty lofty/ border-line unfeasible. Do you have any idea about how you would do that? What does your practical pursuit of all that pomp and circumstance look like? What will you DO to effect those goals and ideas? How do you measure progress? When do you admit defeat? Do you ever admit defeat?

"Last things first: I admit defeat when I'm defeated. Who's wasting precious time on pompous questions now?"

Alright, wise guy, just answer the other questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment